Ask the Community.
Need to Contact Support? See Support Options.
- How To Share You PC’s Folders With a Mac.
- Share Files from Mac OS X to Windows PC’s Easily.
- How to Share Files Between Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs on a Network.
- Connect to Shared Folder on Windows 10 from Mac OS X.
- mac backup network hard drive.
- youtube music downloader free download mac.
Contact Support. Select a product or category below for specific instructions. N Routers.
Add and sync shared folders to OneDrive
Nighthawk Routers. Powerline and Wall Plug Extenders.
- java 7 51 mac download;
- adding page numbers in pages for mac;
- mac pretty indulgent sheer shimmer powder;
- How to Access a Shared Folder on PC or Mac: 10 Steps?
First we need to enable sharing for folder on XP computer that contains the files we want to share. Right-click on the folder and select Properties option from the menu to share and then click on Sharing tab. If you are sharing the whole drive then you will be asked to understand the risk of sharing complete drive, so click on the link as shown below.
Hit the OK button to save the share settings. Do you know your PC name or IP? To check computer name Right-click on My Computer icon and select Properties option from menu.
Once done click on OK button to apply and save change. Check the Share this folder box and then give the share a name.
- How to wirelessly share files between a Mac and PC.
- gestionnaire de mot de passe mac et iphone?
- Subscribe to RSS.
- capture parts of screen mac?
- Step 2 – Connect to Windows Shared Folder from OS X.
- Additional Information.
Click on Permissions and then add groups or users that you want to give access. The next thing you need to do is make sure that File and Printer Sharing is turned on and allowed through the Windows Firewall in Windows Then click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall. Scroll down until you see File and Printer Sharing and make sure that it is checked for the Private network. You may have to first click on the Change settings button at the top before you can select a box.
Share Files from Mac OS X to Windows PC’s Easily
Lastly, you can decide how you want users to access the folder on Windows By default, when connecting from another machine, you have to enter the username and password of an account that has access to that shared folder on Windows However, if you feel your home network is super secure, you can always turn off password protected sharing, which means anyone can connect to the shared folder without having to type in a username or password.
Here you will see an option called Password protected sharing , which you can turn off. I personally keep it turned on, but if you really hate having to type in a username and password to connect, this is an option.
Also, if you use Windows 10 without a password, this would save you from having to setup a password on your account.
Related share mac folder on pc network
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved